We are currently looking for a Senior Manager: External IT Auditor for a client facing role in our Johannesburg office. Below is a guideline of the role and responsibilities, qualifications and requirements.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review of network architecture and network access points.
- Security management: review the organization’s operation security - firewall rules and anti-virus configurations, confirm that vulnerability assessments are performed, security personnel duties do not include financial reporting processes.
- Review of the network architecture and network access points.
- User Access Controls – ensure super user’s access is monitored and service accounts on the applications do not have excessive access, confirm that financial users do not have access on the database and developers do not have access to the live systems and no generic accounts on the systems and the network.
- Physical Security and Logical Access: third party access is managed, users are identified before granting access on the VPN.
- IT Service continuity – review the organization’s Business continuity plan and Disaster recovery plan, are they backing up information.
- IT Governance – review the organization’s strategic plan, organizational structure, risk management and control matrix and service performance.
- Performs applications Control review (ACR) to ensure that controls on all applications with financial implications are adequate to meet the objectives of the company.
- Development, implementation and use of Continuous Auditing tools.
- Development, implementation and use of CAAT.
- Development, implementation and use of IT systems controls auditing.
- Development, implementation and Data analystics tools.
- Development, implementation and use of auditing tools and applications.
- Building and manage a team of IT Auditors
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevent completed Accounting degree and completed articles (SAICA).
- CISA qualification is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Caseware.
- Good audit accounting, income tax and VAT knowledge.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Attention to detail i.e. accuracy essential.
- High energy level.
- Good judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Self – motivated
- Managerial ability
To apply for this role, please send your CV with a cover letter to Phelokazi Nyangane at Phelokazi.Nyangane@rsmza.co.za. Should you not hear from us within four weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.