We are currently looking for a Desktop Support Assistant for our Cape Town office. Below is a guideline of the role and responsibilities, qualifications and requirements.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Address user tickets regarding hardware, software and networking.
- Conduct remote support to staff and regional offices.
- Customize desktop applications to meet requirements.
- Record technical issues and solutions in logs.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Follow up with staff/clients to ensure their systems are functional.
- Report customer feedback and potential product requests.
- Provide telephonic & remote support to clients when required.
- Make sure all assigned infrastructure is configured, installed, tested and operational and that software is installed and configured according to RSM requirements.
- Identify problems and errors prior to or when they occur and log all such incidents.
- Continuous feedback.
- Troubleshoot existing application software e.g. MS Office, Caseware, etc.
- N-central MSP administration & maintenance.
- Coordinate hardware repairs.
- Support of local and network printers.
- Mobile device support.
- Basic Network troubleshooting.
- Installation, re-installation of MS operating system, drivers and relevant MS software (or other software, according to the client’s standards.
- Software and Hardware support.
- Support the Telephone Management System.
- Assign telephone extensions and keep extension lists up to date.
- Video Conference System Management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A+ or any desktop support qualification advantageous.
- Minimum 2 years of experience.
- Ability to learn quickly.
SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES
- Detail Orientated.
- Good communication skills.
- Customer focused.
- Good administration and stock control ability.
- Knowledge of network security practices.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of hardware and peripherals.
- Excellent problem-solving & multi-tasking skills.
To apply for this role, please send your CV with a cover letter to Phelokazi Nyangane at Phelokazi.Nyangane@rsmza.co.za. Should you not hear from us within four weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.