Product Owner. Rneg. Cape Town based.
Our client is recruiting for an exceptional Product Owner to join their Development Team
Responsibilities include managing a small development team, engaging with a requirements committee (user group) to define requirements, working closely with client representatives at client sites and delivering agreed features.
Experience with running a development team, defining requirements and software testing cycles required.
Experience in banking, finance, treasury and bank payments and collections will be advantageous. Experience as a product development team lead and scrum master is advantageous.
Join us if you’re a curious and collaborative visionary, someone excited about tackling hard problems in technology. Work with design and development team members to build features from concept through implementation.
Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, review and enhance software solutions using agile methodologies.
- Bachelor's Degree from one of the major metropolitan universities, like UCT, Stellenbosch, Johannesburg, Wits, Pretoria, North West, Free State, KZN, Nelson Mandela. Above average results.
- Lead Developer
- UX and Graphics Designers
- Friendly, clever people
- Cool hardware
- Latest software
- Challenging work
- Proven, adaptive development processes
- Pool table, free drinks, Friday lunch
- Mountain and sea views (Cape Town only)
We don’t have:
- Dress codes
- Closed doors
- Bad attitudes
- Stringent supervision
- The product runs in high-risk operational environments, and the ideal candidate needs to be able to deal with high pressure situations
- The individual needs to be meticulous, and pay exceptional attention to detail
- Interest in banking systems and bank integration
- Interest in bank payments and the challenges around payments
- Interest in new technology and the movements around integration, financial transactions, money exchange
- Enjoyment of software development
- Creativity and curiosity
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Independent work ethic
- Share expertise with teammates
- Massive brain
- Define the Product Vision and Strategy through ongoing interactions and negotiations with clients and client representatives through an open forum/user group.
- Planning: Plan and deliver new versions/releases as agreed with stakeholders
- Operational: Define requirements (user stories), assist in solution design, track and report on issues and requests logged by clients.
- Testing: Oversee and participate in the implementation of a ‘bullet proof’ testing strategy. (The software submits instructions to banks, which is high risk by nature, thus requiring substantial quality assurance measures)
- Manage a cohesive team of developers, testers, UX-and graphics designers
- Nurture client relationships through ongoing site visits in Cape Town and Johannesburg and through ongoing communication. Participation in client rollouts and upgrades will be required.
- Previous experience in banking and/or payments and collections will be advantageous.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary dependent on experience
- Group Life and disability cover
- 15 days annual leave
- Free parking
- Daily snacks, drinks and Friday lunch
E-mail CV: - email@example.com