My client in Centurion is currently looking for a SQL DBA/Developer. The main purpose of this role is to maintain a stable environment and multitask between daily administration tasks (30%) and code development/code maintenance (70%).
Internal Interaction: Business software developers; Internet solutions developers; Project managers; Services staff - exchange of information, advice and support. DBA - assistance and support to the team in whatever area his/her skills will be required.
External Interaction: Customers - exchange of information, advice and support.
The candidate must have a:
- Qualification in Database Administration/Development
- Any other relevant courses / certification in MCSA or MCSE
Min 2 - 4 years' experience in:
- MSSQL Server 2012/2014
- MSSQL AlwaysON (High Availability)
- T-SQL (Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Views, etc)
- Performance Tuning
The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The candidate must have a pro-active rather then re-active approach to DB administration, with great attention to detail.
Overview of responsibilities:
- The candidate will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance and performance of critical SQL Server systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of all applications.
- This is a hands-on position requiring solid technical skills and well as interpersonal and communication skills.
- Responsibilities also include Day-to-day DBA tasks such as backups, restores, SQL Agent jobs/processes, security, data analysis and data extraction (30%)
- Troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlock issues, connectivity and security problems.
- Performance tuning and optimization using Performance monitor, Profiler and SQL Traces.
- Detect and Resolve SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, Disk and resource contention.
- Monitor and maintain a SQL AlwaysOn Cluster.
- Index and Statistic management.
- Good knowledge of DMVs and system tables.
- SQL Development: Stored procs, Functions, Triggers, Tables, Views, Constraints, etc.
- Implement and maintain database design standards.
- Documentation of processes and procedures.
- Operational support to developers and customers.
- Review SQL Server error log and Windows Event log for any errors / security issues.
- Storage and capacity planning.
- ETL with SSIS.
- Report creation with SSRS.