A growing Cape Town based, South African Software House, developing Enterprise (nTier) Application Software is currently looking for experienced business analysts.
Mandatory Skills / Abilities required for the Job
- Self-starter, able to manage individual responsibilities and also contribute successfully to team deliveries on complex, long term projects.
- Strong analytical ability and abstract thinking to be able to gather business requirements effectively; create user stories and facilitate creation of the technical specifications.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Listening attentively to requirements, in depth questioning, interpretation and ability to see the holistic view of the business and assess impact accordingly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to document and present the results of analysis clearly and concisely.
- Should have technical background or aptitude.
- Ability to act as a bridge between the Product Owner, Client, Development Project Manager and the implementation team.
- Must be able to interrogate and analyze data using Excel and SQL.
Personal Attributes / Character traits required for this job
- Delivery focused - Be deadline driven and adheres to Sprint deadlines.
- Team Player – must be able to work as part of a team.
- Self-Starter – Be able to work independently and contribute effectively to the team.
- Flexible/adaptable/approachable and willing to work in rapid changing, high delivery environment.
Education and General Working Experience
- Ideally an IT Diploma or related Degree will be an advantage but is not essential.
- Minimum requirement is Matric with at least 7-10years of on the job work experience. Remuneration package will be tailored according to relevant experience.
- Ideally but not essential, experience using Agile methodologies will be an advantage.
- Exposure to Enterprise development will be a definite advantage.
- Must have experience in a retail environment.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Convert high level business requirements received from the Product Owner into user stories, into the smallest testable units of work.
- When necessary, support Product Owner in conducting workshops with the client to gather high level requirements.
- Create user stories in Jira and keep stories up to date.
- Elaborate user stories in Discovery sprint according to BA Definition of Done and Development Definition of Ready. Conduct workshops with the client where necessary to complete elaboration process.
- Create mockups and specific examples using tools such as Visio, Balsamiq, and Draw.io etc where necessary to support user stories.
- Create user acceptance requirements.
- Work and collaborate closely with the Product Owner, QA, Architects and the developers on the team to meet sprint delivery.
- Create documentation eg. Catalogues, where required once the story or epic has been delivered before the sprint ends.
- Working collaboratively as part of an Agile development team:
- Elaborating business requirements as created and prioritised by the Product Owner.
- Deliver according to the Definition of Done requirement.
- Collaborating with the Development Project Manager, Product Owner, Architects, Developers and Testers as required.
- Support the development process by assisting developers and QA’s to understand the requirements.
- Participate in planning meetings.
- Participate in Sprint Planning Development Cycles every 2 weeks.
- Participate in the Daily Standup meetings.
- Participate in, and present demos where required.