Software Tester (QA)
My client is based in Bryanston and they are currently recruiting for a Software Tester that will be responsible for the functional and technical testing and quality control of the company’s software. The company operates in an agile environment and someone that comes from a similar background would be best suited. They currently do manual as well as automated testing and will be moving more to automated in the future.
- QA Certification (ISEB/ISTQB) would be advantageous, but not limited.
- Experience with software development best practices, would be advantageous
- Extensive experience with QA techniques and methodology:
- Experience with Selenium is a plus
- Experience with manual/functional test execution (XML, JSON, C#)
- Knowledge of agile methodology and associated Software would be a plus
- Experience with SQL and scripting languages
- Experience with SCRUM methodology
- KANBAN, JIRA knowledge is a plus
Main Accountabilities and Activities
- Conduct functional testing of software, related products and projects, prior to release.
- Prioritization, planning and implementation of a test strategy
- Creation and maintenance of test ware (i.e. test cases, test scripts, test reports, test plans, regression and non-regression etc.)
- Participate in the Statement of Requirements (SOR) reviews to provide input on testing criteria
- Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes and procedures for testing is established as per standards defined by the organization
- QA Certification (ISEB/ISTQB) would be advantageous.
- Degree or Diploma would be advantageous