Principal Business Analyst
Cape Town, Southern Suburbs
This role exists within the financial industry and is responsible for creating, refining and clarifying the detailed definition of a complex business need within the organisation, designing the corresponding business processes and supporting the end-to-end implementation of the business solution. The incumbent would be recognized as a lead specialist in Finance business analysis, with a background in Finance.
The role requires the incumbent to lead, support and manage a team on an assigned business problem or initiative and to determine which activities are necessary in order to successfully complete a business analysis effort. Provides thought leadership, mentoring and guidance to others. Expert in business analysis techniques.
· Ability to present highly complex ideas and solutions and demonstrate value.
· Analysis of the Finance business environment as input into the organisations strategy.
· Application of in-depth expertise to complex organisational problems and development of innovative solutions and end-to-end operating models.
· Create and refine the detailed definition of complex business needs at an enterprise level, and the corresponding business solutions.
· Design and review new complex business processes.
· Elicitation of requirements, including requirements analysis, management and communication.
· Identifies and manages stakeholders and their needs.
· Selects, implements and governs the use of Business Analysis techniques, methodologies and templates to suit the specific business problem.
· Solution assessment and validation.
· Leading change - Designs change to match organisational need; drives the change process forward; maintains momentum and a clear sense of overall purpose and strategic impact of change.
· Works collaboratively with Business Owners and Architects to understand business problems and recommends solutions across process, technology, data and people that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
· Ability to participate in developing Business Strategies.
· Leads business requirement/design phases on Finance projects or programmes with significant risk and complexity to develop strategic solutions.
· Builds mutually beneficial relationships within the organization.
· Responding to stakeholder needs and influencing the development of alternative solutions.
· Holds first line managers accountable for managerial work, including selection, performance management and effectiveness of the organisations Business Analysis capability.
· Acts as mentor to the team and supports an environment of continual improvement.
· Accountable for service delivery predominantly through own efforts and those of junior analysts assigned to the deliverable.
· Plays a leadership role as facilitator, mentor and coach to the broader team.
· Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality for periods of up to a year.