Senior C# Developers with strong SQL Server around R500K-R600K
.Net and SQL Developer
We seek an experienced (5 years +) developer pro-efficient in Microsoft development languages for front end and back end development as well as SQL Server administration, maintenance and development.
An appropriate IT qualification is required with solid contactable references.
- Research best practice development methodologies.
- Application of business analysis coupled with technical analysis to research, design and implement robust transactional systems.
- Analysis of client requirements and design thereof.
- Cost, feature and benefit analysis.
- Create detailed functional system specifications and an implementation plan by using the business requirements.
- Submit the aforementioned plan for the review and documentation process.
- Use the detailed program design and implementation plan to develop a .NET program as implementation of the business requirements.
- Develop according to bureau standards including error handling and presentation of output.
- Develop a program/application back-out plan, to ensure that a part of the project can be removed from production if necessary, by investigating the dependencies between programs.
- Maintain and improve upon existing systems.
Quality assurance of developed applications :
- Develop unit test plans, to record expected test results during unit testing, by analysing the business requirements within the project deadline.
- Conduct unit testing as specified in the unit test plan and document the outcomes to ensure that the code developed is error free.
- Develop application test plans, to record expected test results during system testing, by analyzing the business requirements.
- Conduct application system testing as specified in the system test plan and document the outcomes to ensure that the programs are compatible and executable as per the business requirements.
- Implement fixes by changing program code to resolve any identified unit and system testing discrepancies.
- Provide stability to the production application system by implementing relevant error checking mechanisms and specific alerts.
- As a senior developer, review program code of team members to ensure that the code is according to bureau standards and error free.
- As a senior developer, coach and mentor team members to ensure high quality solutions are delivered in adherence to bureau standards.
- Ensure all code is commented appropriately
- Create documentation (e.g. design UML Sequence Diagrams, update the maintenance guide) for all new projects and store the completed documentation in an appropriate repository (e.g. Microsoft Team Foundation Server or central server).
- Update existing application documentation to reflect program changes.
- Personal & interpersonal Skills
- Processing work, business and people related pressure
- Some Business Skills
- Technical Knowledge
- Some Commercial Effectiveness
- Verbal and written communication must be of high standard
- .NET: 5+ years working knowledge
- Database design and maintenance (SQL Server 2008 and 2012): 5+ years working knowledge
- Business Intelligence (SQL Server Integration Services).
- Adequate knowledge in reporting and the use of reporting tools (e.g. SQL Server Reporting Services).
- Web Service and Windows Service development (.NET)
- Competence with top level Integrated Development Environments (e.g. Microsoft Visual Studio).
- Front – end technologies
- NET MVC,
- NET Web Forms
- Microsoft Silverlight
- Microsoft WCF
- High availability environment experience beneficial
- Production and transactional system experience beneficial
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: R600,000.00 /year