Our client, a financial aid concern, based in Cape Town is looking for an Senior Software Engineer (Python) with a tertiary qualification, with experience in Python, PHP, MVC, PostgreSQL, GitHub, Jenkins and AWS.
- Become an integral and trusted member of the tech team; be a team leader, coach and mentor, decision maker and handle a full caseload of hands-on coding/implementation projects.
- Take a leadership and decision-making role in the technical architecture and implementation of the platform build. This includes project prioritization, evaluating technical debt, technical problem resolution, resource planning for sprint cycles, planning and designing core feature implementation and Greenfield projects.
- Execute several projects which contribute to the build of our platform.
- Take responsibility for coding core-feature implementation projects and Greenfield projects.
- Make an impactful contribution, ask great questions, and execute high quality work.REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years’ experience in a scripting language such as Python or PHP, familiarity with concepts such as MVC and an understanding of web frameworks.
- Demonstrable track record of working with a relational database, for example PostgreSQL.
- Professional fluency in open source tools, including GitHub, Jenkins, and others.
- Experience of cloud platform such as AWS, Heroku or Engine Yard.
- Capacity and inclination to learn and must be passionate about web development. Really passionate.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.