The Cape Town branch of a well-established international software house that develops payment gateways (amongst other things) is looking for a PHP Developer to join their team. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers.
- Assist in frontend development.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Integration of data storage solutions.
- Work collaboratively with a team of developers.REQUIREMENTS:
- Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of PHP
- Understanding the fully synchronous behaviour of PHP
- Understanding of MVC design patterns.
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming.
- Understanding accessibility and PCI security compliance.
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Familiarity with T-SQL databases and their declarative query languages.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Applicants for positions in South Africa must have a valid South African work permit or be a permanent resident. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.