This is a mid level position
We are looking for a dynamic and resourceful Product Analyst / Business Analystto join our project delivery team and own the end-to-end delivery of key business and client projects.
You should know the Business, UX & UI like the back of your hand and understand internet technologies; terminology; and the workflow of a typical digital project lifecycle. You should have experience working in an environment involving developers and creative teams.
You will work closely with the development, creative and project management teams. The Product Director will oversee your work. As part of your responsibilities, you will analyse client project requirements and assist in providing solutions that match these requirements; make appropriate recommendations during the UX / Prototyping phase that will positively impact the design process. You will drive the client requirements gathering during the Planning Phase of a project; and then liaising with the QA team during the QA and solution testing for your projects. Basically, owning the end-to-end solution.
CORE VALUES & CHARACTER TYPE
- Shows Integrity
- Takes Initiative & Develops Innovation
- Ability to step back and ask the right questions in order to figure out a problem and then plan the appropriate solution.
- Ability to identify and separate the controllables from the uncontrollables in a situation.
- Calms down when a situation becomes chaotic, as opposed to getting caught up in the moment and taken along with it.
- Not afraid to ask “why”.
KEY REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- A degree or similar qualifications
- 3+ years within an IT, development or digital agency environment
- Experience working with Waterfall / Agile / SCRUM methodologies and ability to refine & merge processes accordingly
- Experience writing up a Scope or Sitemap, along with Functional Specification Document formulation
- Experience using project management tools like ActiveCollab, JIRA, Asana
- End to end project testing and ability to implement ‘Testing & QA’ processes
- Excellent website analytics; data analysis and numerical skills
- Knowledge of SEO best practices is advantageous
Understanding of Website & CMS products such as WordPress, WooCommerce, Shopify.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office & Google Docs (Excel/Sheets, Word/Docs, PowerPoint/Slide) – are essential
- Competent skills in Balsamiq, Photoshop and InVision - this is essential.
- Experience creating high quality, well-formed and well-written documentation
- Razor sharp eye for detail – you don’t miss anything!
- Military-like organizational and time management skills, with the ability to comfortably juggle multiple projects/tasks
- A team player with good interpersonal skills to deal with various personalities
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal
- A passion for UX & UI - is essential
- Prepared to travel, if necessary